When building the perfect wardrobe, there are some pieces that don’t quite qualify as lingerie, per se, but add an element of luxury and comfort to your closet. “A woman is never sexier than when she is comfortable in her clothes,” wrote style icon Vera Wang. Here we’ve compiled some of our most comfortable wardrobe essentials for the woman looking to elevate her comfort day clothing.
- A Pajama Set - We don’t know if there’s a science behind it, but sleep is better when in a pajama set. Some pieces never go out of style, like the classic button down top with simple bottoms. Both Bluebella and Salua provide beautiful examples of these, with bluebella bringing a silky style and Salua crafting them in lush brushed pima cotton. Icollection and Livenza offer colorful prints and fun designs with cami and bottoms sets and lace trims.
- A Chemise- equally wearable in the boudoir, the club, and to sleep in, a chemise is a short silky night dress that hugs all the right places. The Rya Collection offers many options, but for a truly luxury piece we love the Toi Mon Amour nightie from Aubade. Atelier Amour offers a chic black take on the style with its Night on Broadway babydoll.
- A Robe - Robes offer endless possibilities, from a modest cover-up to a seductive accessory. Florals lovers, look out for Livenza with their colorful, flattering robes. For lace lovers out there, we love Rya’s Darling robe. We couldn’t in good conscience forget to mention our two luxury robes, made of pure silk and the most intricate lace, from Fleur of England and Aubade. Perfect for brides - or an unforgettable anniversary gift - these heirloom robes will be treasured for years to come.
- A Sports Bra - Maybe including a sports bra in a lingerie checklist seems peculiar, but we can’t pretend we don’t wear them for more than just working out. The perfect sports bra will bring you from morning yoga to brunch and errands without losing style. Our first pick would be the family-owned brand Port de Bras, with its intentional and feminine styles. The Avila top is pretty enough to wear to dinner and a night out. Year of Ours takes classic sports bra styles and turns them into colorblock masterpieces, while MonoB keeps on trend with their affordable styles and neutral tones.
- Period Underwear - If you’re a person who menstruates, you know the difficulty of monthly shopping for period products, the ditching of style for the ugly old underwear you don’t mind getting stained - BUT with period underwear, arguably the best invention of the last decade - you can put a hold on buying even more tampons and experience the comfort of comfy, chic, and incredibly absorbent underwear that will take you through the day feeling lovely. We love Proof for it’s thin feel and effortless protection.
Of course there are accessories like silk scrunchies to protect your hair, sachets to keep your lingerie fresh, menstrual cups, and so many more options to keep your wardrobe fresh and classy (which you can shop under Wellness) - but with these essentials you can know you have your foundations covered with quality.